Our job board helps our readers find positions across Nova Scotia, and is updated weekly. Visit at your own convenience, or sign up for our newsletter to receive regular notifications on the My Halifax Experience landscape. Click on any of our postings for more information. (Updated on Apr 21st, 2017)
- Freelance Writer/Content creator
- Hiring company: My Halifax Experience
- Location: Halifax, NS.My Halifax Experience is a platform that allows immigrants tell their stories of finding success here in Halifax and showcase what makes Halifax a great place for immigrants to flourish.
The city has so much to offer; the various cultures, opportunities and lifestyles available here provide a unique opportunity to attract and retain immigrants, foreign students and young adults who can enrich our city.
We’re looking for content writers who can work with us on a freelance basis to join our team.
The ideal candidate will hold a Journalism degree or in a Journalism Program. Also have:
* A background or experience in writing and blogging
* Strong research and interview skills
* The ability to write in a style that is easy to read for newcomers to Canada, particularly those with language barriers
* Knowledge of social media best practices
* A strong awareness and knowledge of new immigrants’ barriers when they arrive in Canada
* Experience interacting or working with immigrants or ethnic groups
How to Apply
Interested? Send us the following to this email: email@example.com
- Two relevant writing samples
- Two References
We thank everyone for your interest and application in advance but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Tourism Development Advisor (Bilingual), Planning and Development Officer 1-2 (Windsor)
Tourism Nova Scotia
- Creative Lead
Halifax Public Libraries
- Automotive Sales Consultant
- Sales Professionals
- Change Management Consultant, Strategic Change Management
The Workers’ Compensation Board of Nova Scotia (WCB)
- Transportation Supervisor